Sun Sensor on a Chip (SSoC), is based on MEMS fabrication processes to achieve highly integrated sensing structures for high accurate sun-tracking, positioning systems and attitude determination.
SSOC-A60 device measures the incident angle of a sun ray in two axes. The high sensitivity is based on geometrical dimensions of the design.
Every sensor is calibrated and characterized, and a look-up table is provided for its application. The use of a metal shield and a cover glass in the optical eye minimizes the ageing of the device under high radiation levels.
· Type：2 orthogonal axes
· Field of View：±60º
· Accuracy：< 0.3 º (3sigma)
· Precision：< 0.05 º
· Average consumption：36mW(<12 mW in dark)
· Supply voltage：3.3V / 5V
· Output voltage：0-3.3/0-5V(4 analog output photodiode voltages)
· Housing：Aluminum 6082 , Black anodizing
Qualification Data and Flight Heritage:
· Operating Temperature：-45º to 85º Celsius
· Radiation：>100 kRad (gamma) , 6 MeV 3000 kRad (protons)
· Random vibration：14.1g @ 20-2000 Hz
· Shock：3000 g @ 1-100 ms
· More than 50 units included in more than 10 missions.